Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Blog: Is Virtual Railroading a Real hobby?!

I'd never heard of virtual railroading until this blog post. I thought from his title he would be mocking it but instead ended up convincing me that it'd be a lot of fun.

Virtual Railroading? A Real hobby?! C’mon! « The Hobby Guy"The lack of a physical train layout in our house has not stopped us from playing with trains. (Yes, for all you die hard model railroad fans, I did say play; that’s what it is, relax and enjoy, and just play.) We are V-Scalers. We regularly build layouts, run prototypical operations, try out new rolling stock and engines, and model typical railroad scenes. We just do it virtually. Trainz 2006, Railroad Tycoon 3, Railroad Tycoon II, and Lionel Train Town are all part of our model railroad hobby."

1 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger fred said...

yes me too…
I am collecting stuff for a Hornby 00 layout (one day) but meanwhile my kids and I enjoy the plastic Tomy trainsets, and I also use the Hornby Virtual Railway 2 program on my PC.
I have a blog http://tomy-trains.blogspot.com/
there are links to my ebay guide and group, and a video on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um6fTzlquBU this is to a video of the HVR2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home