Thursday, June 28, 2007

Article: Understand Your Childs Thomas Obsession

This is a first for me. A personal essay about Thomas. It's well written and deals with a mother learning to understand her child's obsession with Thomas. Here's an exerpt and the link:


My husband and I faced a crucial decision: we could pretend we'd never heard of Day Out With Thomas, refuse even to speak of it and pray that William would snap out of his mania soon. (This is the strategy I employ regarding Disney World: "Don't ask, don't tell.") Or, we could head straight into the melee and hope to come out safely on the other side: the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" approach.

1 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was googling stuff about Thomas, wondering whether my sons obsession is normal and stuff, then I found this. It was quite touching actually, and in a strange way, sad. It's made me realise that I don't need to worry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home